The cook plans, prepares, serves, and documents all meals & snacks for the center. Accurately follows the cycle menus in accordance with programs budget and state & federal nutritional program guidelines. Keeps an accurate inventory of food & supplies; order inventory as needed.
The cook oversees operations of the food program, including hygiene & sanitation, meal planning, & preparation.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensures adherence to FPA guidelines and all public health regulations regarding food storage & prep
- Plans/maps food & supply purchases
- Obtains & retains child nutrition labels
- Develops 4-week menu with Directors approval
- Attends FPA conferences, workshops, & trainings as needed
- Uses proper hygiene protocols (handwashing, gloves, hair nets, etc.) when preparing and serving meals & snacks
- Distributes meals & snacks to classrooms at the appropriate temperatures
- Stores food at appropriate temperature
- Email and/or faxes all meal production, receipts, & time distribution reports on a weekly/monthly basis
- Maintains a safe & sanitary kitchen
- Washes food preparation items using sanitizing methods determined by the health department
- Keeps kitchen counters, cabinets, shelves, veggie/fruit rack, pantry, appliances, and all work areas clean & free from hazards & rodents
- Relieve co-workers for restroom breaks, lunch breaks, etc.
- Willing to listen, learn, & apply best efforts
- Maintains CPR/First aid